Thursday, December 23, 2010

Honorary Captain Tripp

We met the nicest people yesterday.  
Mandy M. Lovett, her husband Michael, and their friend Brad came to visit us.  
I had never met any of them before today, but now feel like I've known them for years.  
Mandy is from Destrehan, La and is a friend of a friend.  She said she fell in love with Tripp from the day she started reading the blog.  We've kept in contact the past year through email and she would send us cards in the mail, but had never met until today.  
And for some reason, I feel like God sent her to me for a reason.
She's kind of like an angel :)
Mandy got to watch us do bath, while Michael and Brad went to pick up pizza for us.  
They brought Tripp the cutest Bulid-a-bear monkey and a big basket of goodies for me. 
I have a point, I promise:)
Michael and Brad are Firefighters for the Jefferson Parish Fire Department and the Kenner Fire Department.  
Their last "gift" melted my heart.  I was literally in tears.  
They presented Tripp with a firefighter helmet that they had cleaned up especially for him. 
They had signed it, written a very sweet quote on it, and also put the roman numeral "III" on it to represent Tripp.
Brad explained to us how he had come to know about Tripp through Mandy and Michael and that he showed the JPFD my blog and they were watching Tripp's videos.  
He went on to say that all firefighters look to their "Captain" as being a role model and someone who has "been through it all."  He said that Tripp was their inspiration when they thought that the days were just "too hard." 
They made Tripp an Honorary Captain :)
He said that all the FFs had put the "III" symbol on their helmets to remind them of Tripp. 
How cool is that?
Firefighters are our HEROES, right?  They risk their lives everyday for others.  They are brave, strong, and courageous.  
And here are two firefighters that are coming to our house telling me that Tripp is their inspiration and that they think of Tripp as a "Captain."  
It literally gives me the chills.  
And there's more.  
Brad said his Captain (who has been Captain for 20 years) wanted to give his badge to Tripp.  
He GAVE his badge to Tripp.  
People continue to amaze me.
I cried.  and cried.  








Brad, Mandy, me & Tripp, and Michael





Mandy, Michael, and Brad... I enjoyed your visit so much. 
I will never be able to tell you how much today meant to me.  
And a huge thank-you to the Jefferson Parish Fire Department- you guys made my day.

People are AMAZING.
If Tripp only knew how he was changing the world...
 one by one. 

Love,
Photobucket

26 comments:

  1. Amazing story. He is changing the world. HE is definitely my hero too!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO TRUE, that little boy is an inspiration!! Tears while reading this, and hoping more and more good people continue to find you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a great way for them to show Tripp and you how much they love and are inspired by both of you. May God bless you all this Christmas and may he bring health and peace for the New Year.
    Hugs and love from Alabama,
    Linda G.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You truly are surrounded by amazing people! Tripp, you are a hero to so many people, stay strong little man. So many people from all over are praying for you:) Have a very Merry Christmas!

    Vicki in NY

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful thing to be able to meet friends. I love the helmet and the quote is precious

    ReplyDelete
  6. You and Tripp deserve that and more, that's how amazing you are! Big hugs to both of you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! My heart is singing praises!

    Elizabeth
    Amarillo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just found your blog a couple days ago...tripp is such cutie...I am so touched by this awesome story! There are such good people in tbis world. it is just one of those stories that needs to be on the news :)
    I had an uncle who I think had EB when i was a little girl, I am 52 now so things have changed so much from when he was born...

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is so awesome Courtney! Tripp is a hero~ he is a treasure!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This entry totally made me cry:) Tripp is a hero-he is very strong and courageous! Courtney you are too- God picked out Tripp's parents very carefully - you are trully amazing. I don't comment every day, but I certainly check your blog every day! Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This brought tears to my eyes too!! That quote is beautiful!! Its a perfect quote for Tripp! That was an amazing story of kindness!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Firefighters are THE BEST! This just made my day. Thanks for sharing, Courtney! And merry Christmas to all at your house. I can't believe I get to see sweet Jonah in just two days ... despite his recent fall and new blisters on his face, we hope he is feeling perfect for Christmas and feeling up to having fun with all of us. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Courtney, you are my hero. Oh Tripp, if prayers could heal you sweet boy you would be running through the house, getting into everything, driving your mamma crazy! Oh how I wish all that and more for your sweet boy. Love to you all and Merry Christmas Tripp, you are loved!

    Love wins,
    Renee Tam
    5cajuns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. sweetest thing i've heard all day....

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a beautiful story! I had chills while reading this and got so overwhelmed with the picture of Tripp looking at his helmet. I'm so glad to hear of real stories of real people doing great and wonderful things! Tripp is also an inspiration to us. I emailed my husband the link to your blog and asked him to read about a day in the life of Tripp. My husband tends to complain a lot about little things and I told him to think of Tripp before he complains about something so silly. Tripp has made a difference in all of our lives. Sweet, sweet boy!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a wonderful story, this totally made my day!!! It is so true, Tripp as well as you are such an inspiration to so many. Thanks for sharing your story. Merry Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Courtney: What a great story. Firefighters are the BEST. It gave me chills to read what they had written on the helmet. So true for your precious Tripp.
    Leah's Pop Pop is a retired Philadelphia Firefighter. 32 years in the department.
    Hope you and your wonderful family have a blessed and amazing Christmas and a very Happy, Healthy New Year. Love you guys. Love and Peace Leah's Nana

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yes, I agree... great story! People are amazing... and so is your precious little boy. Merry Christmas. Thanks for sharing your story... I'm praying for you guys!
    ~Barbara, UT

    ReplyDelete
  19. i read every single day. i wish i could meet you and you're family too. I cried and cried today when i read you're blog. You are surrounded by amazing people who love you're family and trip because you yourself are amazing! i pray so hard for Tripp ! God Bless and Merry Christmas !

    ReplyDelete
  20. Dear Courtney and Tripp,
    What an amazing journal!!! Ya'll are both hero's in my book. Hoping 2011 brings "the little knight" lots of days without so much suffering.
    Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Courtney, thank you so much for finding the time in your nutso schedule to be such a diligent little blogger. I love reading about Tripp, but this blog in particular was just what I needed. You all restored my faith in humanity today! You are all such an inspiration to me and to anyone who comes in contact with you. So thank you for being you! Merry Christmas!

    Summer Welt

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh how beautiful!!!! You know Tripp isn't the only inspirational person. You are amazing too (even though I'm sure you don't much feel like it).

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a wonderful story. I love that there are people that care about others...that care about Tripp.

    Denise WI

    ReplyDelete
  24. I shared your yesterday's post on facebook, i thought it was so beautiful.

    And today's post is another example that there are GOOD people in the world.

    THANK YOU Courtney and TRIPP for bringing out the best in all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  25. That's so awesome! That is something Tripp can treasure forever and give him inspiration that many, many others consider HIM the hero. Hope you guys have a great Christmas, Courtney! We will be praying for you guys right down the road in Metairie. :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Merry Christmas to you guys! You and Tripp are my heroes...all the best in 2011!

    ReplyDelete