Monday, May 3, 2010

Baseball Game, Zoo, and Outing

My sis and I took Tripp to his first baseball game.  Randy coaches an 11-12 year old baseball team.  He loves it and when I was pregnant last year I was out there every game.... I loved it, too.  And we had not had a chance to make one yet this year until last Tuesday.  Tripp was in heaven.  We sat down in the bleachers for about the first 5 minutes until the mosquitoes got too bad, then we went up in the press box.  Randy turned the AC on for us so it was cool up there... and mosquito free!  We also have to worry about the dust in his eyes/trach.  But he looooooved it.  I don't think he took his eyes off of the game. 






Daddy and Tripp playing peek-a-boo.  
I threw this one in because I thought it was cute. 


Ok... so the Zoo.  It wouldn't have been the perfect weather for ANYONE else, but it was pretty close to the perfect weather for Tripp.  It was humid, misting, and a little windy.  But what we didn't know was that it was like National Field Trip day or something.  What were we thinking going on a Friday at the end of the school year??  I wish I would have thought to take a picture of the buses.  There must have been 100.  Literally.  BUT we went in anyway because we were already there.  It was really really crowded, but it was okay.   It was me, my mom and dad, and my sis.  We had to take turns holding him because he couldn't see the animals from his stroller through the crowds of people.  But little did we know that Tripp would MUCH rather watch all of the people than the animals... we could have taken him to the grocery store up the street and he wouldn't have known the difference.  But it was nice for us to be able to get out... I love the Zoo.  So I was excited we finally got to go.  

So, of course there were TONS and TONS of stares.  But this was the FUNNIEST we've ever gotten. 
Right when we were walking out to go home a little boy spotted Tripp and said, "Ooooo, dat baby got ice cream ALL over his face!"  HAHA.  Gotta love kids.

Ok, so these pictures are mostly of the back of his head... but I tried to get him and the animals.  

Here are the camels.


The lions... look close.


The white tiger!!


Elephant butts...




The petting zoo... ew, don't touch.




This was his favorite.  
He could actually SEE it and follow it running around the cage.


The monkeys... see one little monkey?


Lunch at the Pita Pit... yummy.


Haha... I love these.  We went to see the place that my sister is going to get married.  And Tripp had a BIG stinky accident (if you know what I mean) so I stayed with him in the car after.  He looks like a little man.  




And finally passed out after a long long day! 


Randy and I finally got a day that he was off and we could spend some family time.  So we went to eat lunch at Applebee's.  Tripp was so good.  He ate about 10 bites of ice cream.  Which is more than he has ever taken by mouth.  Then we went to the Driving Range and let Daddy hit some golf balls... but he started getting fussy so we had to come home.  But it was really really nice to get out as a family, we haven't done that very often.... or ever.  





Ok, so that sums up the past week... we have a verrrrry busy month.  Mother's Day, Tripp's birthday,  my sister's wedding!!!  So there will be plenty more pictures to come!  Thanks for all of your love, prayers, and support!  I know that is why Tripp is thriving!! 

Love,

Photobucket


9 comments:

  1. How great you've gotten to get out and do some fun stuff! Not just dr appts! I looove the pic of Tripp watching the baseball game, too cute! Yay for your family outing too :) God is good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you guys got to get out and enjoy the weekend! Praying for a great week, and looking forward to more pictures:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank God ya'll are finally getting to get out,have fun and do family things at last.Praying things continue to go well for ya'll. God is Good !! I love all the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a few fun days for you guys! I'm so glad you've been able to get out and about some! I had to look foreva' for that blooming monkey in the pic! Gosh! =)

    Love,
    Jenifer

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't get over how mature he seems for an 11 month old. He's the neatest little guy and I love you sharing him with us! :O)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just wanted to say I have been enjoying your blog. I live down the street from you. The house you live in was my Grandma's.
    Tripp is always in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great time you all got to spend together! I know you had a ball - and Tripp definitely did! What a sweet boy!

    LOVE LOVE LOVE the rolling eyes video! That is the funniest thing I have ever seen!

    We're praying daily for Tripp - hope his eyes will be ok until the next appt!

    Love from TX!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing Tripp's outings - looks like fun was had by everyone. Love the pictures! Hugs & prayers ~ The Fisher Family

    ReplyDelete
  9. Too cute loved all pictures. Sending Tripp lots of Hugs!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete