Friday, November 27, 2009

Sorry it's been awhile!!


Hello!!  I'm finally back... It's been a while, I know, but we've been really busy lately and we've had computer problems for the last few days, so I've been having serious withdrawals.  Tripp has been doing pretty good these days.  He has been smiling a lot more lately.   But he still has his bad days every now and then.  Nights have been OKAY.  Sometimes he will sleep for a few hours at a time and then after that, the suctioning will be like every 30 minutes.  He's so back and forth... I'll think things are turning around and then something else will happen.  But all around, things are going well.  Tuesday he had to get 4 shots!! So the last few days he has been really fussy.  We've been enjoying the cool weather, though we haven't gone far... just in the back yard.  For Thanksgiving, we stayed home and our family came to us.  It's just too hard to have to try and travel all over and see everyone.  He has too much that has to come with him.  So we decided to spend the holidays at home and whoever wants to see us, can come see us.  Just for this year.  Next year hopefully will be different.  It was actually nice not having to get up and get dressed and get everything packed up.  We got to just relax and spend time together.

Tripp's mouth is now worse than EVER.  I am still waiting for the dentist that we saw here to get in touch with Cincinnati and let me know what needs to be done.  I'm pretty sure that they are going to have to come out.  I just don't know where the surgery will be or how many teeth they can take out at a time.  I really would rather have the surgery done at Ochsner where everyone is familiar with him and where we can get the same anesthesiologist team.  I would hate to have to go to another hospital and have to explain everything again... unless of course we can meet with the whole team at Children's prior to surgery.  I'm just comfortable with Ochnser, nothing against Children's.  I'm just really nervous about pulling all of his teeth.  I know they are causing him so much pain... but he's going to get more teeth that are going to cause more pain.  The molars are the worst.  And he's going to continue to get the molars.  Do we pull the molars?  I don't know, it's a tough decision.  Once again.

But you know my changing table dilemma?  Another really awesome EB mom e-mailed me and showed me pictures of the changing table her dad made for her daughter.  It's really nice and Randy's Uncle Rickey is going to make us one and might have it ready by next week!!  I'm so excited!  Dressing changes are getting pretty cramped and crowded.  Tripp is growing like a weed!  He is at 16 lbs,  11oz and 24 1/2 inches long.  Here are some recent pictures:

Outside time...









Okay, so I know it's early, but I had my mom and my mother-in-law over rocking Tripp, so I figured I would put up the tree while I could... and Tripp helped!









It was exhausting... haha



His new "Lord of the Rings" small audience tee... I love it.
Small audience tees are pretty much ALL he wears.












Eating Rabbit...



This is what I found when I got out of the shower and Daddy was in charge.
Cute, huh?






Baby's First Turkey Day... he kept his shirt clean all day long!!
Amazing!









Check out those eyelashes!!









Uncle Ryan came to visit 3 days in a row!!









I'll probably update now whenever I get the chance since it's been so long!  Thanks again for all your prayers and all the continued love and support!!








5 comments:

  1. He's so adorable! Hope Tripp had a wonderful first Turkey Day and many, many more to come! Just wanted you to know that my 2 year old daughter prays EVERY night for Tripp by name.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww....the picture of him sleeping with all the stuffed animals is just precious! Happy to hear he had a nice Thanksgiving...he deserves some R&R!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so cute! love that bib!!

    I hope you guys can get answers and find a solution with the teething issue! I'm so sorry that you keep having things come up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. He is just so cute. I love coming here and seeing the pictures you post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love, love, love the pictures. You always post really great shots of Tripp. The one with the stuffed animals is awesome. So glad you guys had a wonderful Thanksgiving.
    Sure hope you have good news about his teeth. The prayers are continuing for you all. Hang in there and give Tripp a hug from Leah's Nana. Take care!!!

    ReplyDelete