Monday, November 8, 2010

Christmas Trot for Tripp


I am SO excited about this fundraiser for Tripp.  A good friend, Dianne Cothern, has been planning this for a while now and I just found out about it last week.  
It's called the Christmas Trot for Tripp.  It will be held on Saturday, December 11th from 8:30am-12:00pm.  It is a 5K/1mile Fun Run that will start and end at Cate Square Park in Hammond, LA.  There will also be activites set up in the park for the kids such as inflatables and face painting.  There will be food, drinks, and entertainment as well.  

As most of you know, Tripp was born while we were living in St. Charles Parish.  There were many fundraisers and events set up for him in the past year over there and I am SOO grateful, but not very many people around this area (Ponchatoula, where I am from) knew about Tripp or EB.  So I have to say that I am forever grateful to Dianne and every one who is helping to make this fundraiser happen so that we can spread awareness.  

Dianne has set up an event page on Facebook that will give you all the information you need.  If you click here it will bring you to that page.  To become a sponsor for the run, it is $100, which includes your name of logo on the back of the shirts and acknowledgement the day of the fundraiser.  There is a $20 entry fee which includes a t-shirt (child sizes available as well:).  Or I believe you can pay $10 for just a t-shirt.  Registration forms can be picked up at Rossie Furniture in Hammond, or you can contact Dianne and she can mail you a form or tell you where else you can pick them up:)  All proceeds will go directly to an account that is set up for Tripp's expenses (hospital, doctors appointments, medications, OTC supplies, etc.) 

Please contact Dianne for any other information.  
Her e-mail address is: diannecothern@rossiesfurniture.com 
Or you can contact her by phone at: (985) 966-5433.
Also you can mail checks or registration forms to her at: 
1505 West Thomas Street  Hammond, LA 70401. 

AND Dianne was on 2 local radio stations Monday morning (Tangi 96.5 and Kajun 107.1) promoting the fundraiser!  She did such a great job!  I truly feel blessed to have her as a friend:)  Thank you again, Dianne- I can't imagine how much stress this has been for you- but I want you to know how much we appreciate you doing this for Tripp and our family.  We are forever grateful:)

I've been trying for two days to upload the audio of Dianne on the radio and I guess it's too long.  I will keep trying:)  But here is the flyer that was made.  AND I'm trying to make the registration form into a link so that you can click on a button on my sidebar and print it out yourself..... BUT having no success with that either.  I'll keep working on it! 


P.S.  Tripp's eye surgery is scheduled for tomorrow.  He will get some new contacts and some of the tissue hopefully trimmed off of his eye.  I don't know what time yet, but probably around lunch time.  And I talked to Dr. Defusco today and we are thinking that we will probably admit him- for at least 24 hours and wait for his blood work, in case he needs IV antibiotics.  I've been working on getting someone to look in his mouth since Monday, with no luck yet.  So frustrating.  I will try and keep you guys posted via Facebook tomorrow.  Please continue to pray for my little man.  He's really not been feeling well at all.  Thank you all so much. 

Love,
Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. Good luck with the fundraiser. Trip continues to be in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Courtney,
    That's great about the fund raiser that's going to take place. I'm glad to hear Tripp will be able to get the contacts put in to help with his eye issues. Maybe a miracle will happen and they will be able to look at his teeth. Ya'll are in my thoughts and prayers each day. The "little knight looked adorable in his Santa outfit."
    Take care-

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVED my "TRIPP TIME" this evening....I wish I could do it more often!!! and loved hanging with y'all too!! Praying for all of you tomorrow!!! Just reminding you of what an AWESOME job you do as "MOMMY"...and I love you soo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck tomorrow... I'll be thinking about you all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wish I was there to attend the walk, but I am in California:)
    I have read your blog for awhile and always pray for that little guy!
    Good Luck with his surgery today.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Praying for you about the fundraiser:)

    ReplyDelete