Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Help Anton find a home.

I am in tears.  There was a nice blog reader who sent me the link to this website.  It is about a beautiful little boy in an orphange in Russia.  He is a twin.  He was born with EB, but his twin was not.  The parents took only the child without EB home- and left sweet baby Anton in the hospital alone.  I literally had tears running down my face watching his video.  He reminds me so much of Tripp- his BIG brown eyes and his AWESOME little smiling personality.  This is what is said about Anton:

Anton is a very smart, calm and an incredibly patient boy. He watches adults come into the room and greets them with a smile despite the fact that they often cause him devastating pain changing his bandages. No matter how well nurses care for Anton, it will always be just their job, and at the end of the day, Anton will always be alone in his crib. Just look at him, look into his eyes! He doesn't belong to this place, he needs and deserves a loving family.

I swear that all the EB babies in this world just have the greatest little personalities.  I want Anton- I'm not gonna lie.  If my parents wouldn't put me a a "crazy-house,"  I would adopt him tomorrow.  It literally breaks my heart to think that there are children that have to go to sleep at night and wake up in the morning with no parents to love them or kiss them goodnight... or wake them up with a "good morning to you" song.  Especially a child with a disease like EB.  These children need such special care and so much extra special love- OH I can't even THINK about it.  So please- I'm not telling you to adopt Anton, but either donate to his adoption fund to make it easier for someone to adopt him- or help spread the word for him.  He, like every homeless child out there, deserves a family and someone to love him and take care of him.  

Visit his website http://www.helpanton.org/ or watch his video below.  He stays in his crib all day long- arms swaddled so that he doesn't cause more damage to his skin- with no Mommy, no Daddy, no Grandma or Grandpa.  And no one to squeeze him and kiss him.  OH how I wish I was a billionaire and could open up my own orphange and be a Mommy to these poor babies.  GOD BLESS all of you Mommies out there who foster and adopt.  Maybe one day for me:) Just not today...


Love, 
Photobucket

13 comments:

  1. I share your sentiments Courtney...If I had the money, I'd take him in a heartbeat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was actually ME _ laurie Sterner- who said that last comment - not , my hubby Michael (though i know he'd take him too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow. I didn't even have the sound on but am in tears. What a beautiful baby. I can not imagine what he's been through. I don't want to judge but how could you leave that beautiful boy? I'm so glad he's too little to know how sad his story is. heartbreaking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor guy:( I have seen this before but did not know he had a twin. How sad to be so alone when in life he was never alone till his parents left him in hopsital. I do not blame parent as they are in a poor counrty and thought they did best for him at least this is what I need to beleive. I am a twin and my twin became an angel at age 23. I feel alone and it hurts. I pray for this little guy to get a home. EB sucks but he should be loved while he is on earth. We are not sure when god will call him home. Ok enought just wish I had more money to help.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish I could take him home and give him all the attention/love/medical care that this beautiful boy deserves!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Courtney,
    Thank you for posting about Anton. I was a PICU nurse before I had my boys and cared for a few children with EB. I am adopting a little girl from Russia that has Down Syndrome. Please tell anyone that inquires about Anton that NO ONE has money to adopt when God calls them, but HE will provide. We had nothing when we found Paisley and we have found every way possible to save money, take on extra jobs, and God HAS provided every step of the way. God must be smiling down on us now, His plan for me to become a nurse, to have a soft spot in my heart for children with EB, to lead me to Paisley, to lead me to your site and then to Anton. Only God can make all of those connections. Thank you for loving sweet baby Tripp so much, that love has overflowed out of him and has spilled onto all of us.

    Love wins,
    Renee Tam
    5cajuns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet Baby!! Breaks your heart to see that :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm spreading the word throughout the adoption community in my neck of the woods!

    What a precious little boy!

    Mel

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful child. I can't wrap my mind around not wanting to care for a child, problems or not! I guess some people just don't have the strength it takes to endure the journey. My heart aches for little Anton but see hope for him. Thank God for the people who are caring for him.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I couldn't even finish watching. So heartbreaking! My heart aches and I just want to fly to Russia and adopt him. However, we don't have the money and I with a 7 month old (and a 4 and 10 year old) I couldn't manage his care. I do however, feel such a strong pull to adopt a child with special needs down the road. I just so wish I could save all of these babies and kids. I hope Anton finds a home soon and gets all of the love, nurturing and care that he deserves. Gosh, I am just so sad!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I pray everyday that my husband's heart will be softened by God so we can adopt a child with special needs. This hurts so much to see a baby like Anton in a situation like this. We're going to start tithing to his donation link, at least we can help with his care monetarily, it the very very least we all can do for Anton honestly. bless you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What I understand from the website is that the parents mentioned are his adoptive parents (because there is talk of a surrogate mother) who live abroad (USA?). And that they only adopted the healthy twin.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am glad you have been able to meet him and help him!

    ReplyDelete