Tuesday, November 23, 2010

EB Blog Award


I'm so happy to say that my blog has been chosen for an award for being a resource to nurses at registerednurse.org.  This is awesome news to me, as spreading awareness is so important to me.  Now people across the country who are nurses, or seeking a nursing career- can read about EB, be aware, be prepared, and pass this information on to other nurses as well.  I think it is so important (no matter how rare EB is) for healthcare professionals to know what goes on in the lives of these children and their families.  I'm honored to have been chosen.  I received the following e-mail:

Dear Courtney,

Congratulations! Sarah here, and your blog, "EB"ing a Mommy, is an essential part of our resources!

As a website dedicated to help those consider a career as a registered nurse, we only provide the best information available.  Whether it's a resource that helps you understand a particular disease, or how to best interact with an Angelman's Syndrome patient, we provide them for those seeking to obtain this information.  This is why we've featured your blog, as it is one of the best to teach our readers.

You can see your blog and others at: 

Please check it out if you have a chance.  There are also a number of other blogs featured to educate future/current nurses about EB.  Thanks and have a great week!

Love,
Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations - that is GREAT news for the entire EB family :)

    'Lucy'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Courtney: Congratulations. I am so proud of you EB bloggers. Spreading the word is so, so important.
    Hopefully these nurses will learn from these blogs and teach others in the hospitals.
    Give that precious son of yours a big hug and kiss for me. Love you guys. Love Leah's Nana

    ReplyDelete
  3. You rock girl! thank you so much for all that you do!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW, Courtney! That's great! I know I've learned a lot from your blog - so glad that you'll be helping more medical professionals learn about EB.

    ...I just hate that you know so much about it. You know what I mean?

    Love and hugs to sweet Tripp - my kiddos are LOVING those new videos!!

    Love from TX,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an amazing tribute to an amazing Mom!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Courtney,
    Congratulations on the EB award. You've done a wonderful job providing us with so much knowledge.
    Hope all of you have a Happy Thanksgiving tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on your award, well deserved. Sending well wishes and warm hugs to you all. Happy Thanksgiving. We all have alot to be thankful for.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thinking of you and wishing you a peaceful thanksgiving weekend..
    john, beth, zachary, casey and becky

    ReplyDelete